In our ongoing effort to learn from our experiences in Phase One and Phase Two, one of the clearest things we have seen is the value of advance preparation. Putting time now into advance preparation in all of the Parishes of the Archdiocese is a good, solid investment.
Here are three formats for remote preparation. These aren’t exclusive options; parishes can use all three methods to prepare for collaboration:
Invite us! We have had meetings with Councils, Vicariates, open meetings of Parishes, Catechists, and Parish Staffs – we will come and speak with those groups or any others you may propose. We prefer to speak with Parishes grouped together in their eventual Collaboratives, but that is a preference, not a requirement. Our program can take many forms, and we can tailor it to specific groups, but in general we like to discuss:
- A general introduction to Disciples in Mission
- An explanation of the structure of the Collaboratives
- The New Evangelization – What is it, and what does it mean for a Parish to be a center of the New Evangelization?
- Local Pastoral Plans
- What’s happening in current collaboratives
- What are we learning as we go?
If you would like us to come out and meet with your Parishes/Councils/Staffs/Collaboratives/Vicariates, please contact
Father Paul Soper